30 May 2008

29 on the 29th

A quick thank you to all the folks that acknowledged my birthday with a card, phone call, gift, etc. I love you all dearly...especially the ones that sent gifts! :) Just kidding...kinda. I wish I was smart enough to somehow pass along the voice mail I received from Meredith Grace Moreland (who almost shares a birthday with me) it is really sweet and will likely be saved for a long time.
And speaking of folks that share birthdays...a shout out of some sort is in order to Cousin Megan, whose life I "ruined" on her 3rd birthday. Siggie Cara who I believe prefers to celebrate most similarly to me...with as little fanfare as possible. And JFK, Jr. may he rest in peace.

BJ got off a little easy this year, considering I purchased a fairly expensive purse a couple of weeks ago and told him that could be my gift. 'Cept don't forget I'm a brat and I sent him a link for a bracelet that I wanted...so I got that too. Perhaps the biggest surprise of all...was from my parents. No, it wasn't the little bunny garden statue (a homage to my previous post)...nor was it the Texas flag that I requested. It was the SIZE of the Texas flag!! I guess they thought it best to drape our entire house with it! Oh they do know me well...


(actual size)

4 remark(s):

Hayley said...

Hope you had a nice day!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY LAST BIRTHDAY GIN....AFTER 29 YOU REALLY SHOULD NO LONGER ACKNOWLEDGE THE 29th OF MAY.
I AM HANGING IN PROVIDENCE, RI THIS WEEK WITH MY 29 YR OLD STEP-SON & HIS WIFE. I REALLY DO RECOMMEND VACATIONING IN THIS AREA AS IT IS TRULY BEAUTIFUL AND EVERYONE TALKS FUNNY!!!! (NOT US OF COURSE!)

Anonymous said...

in TEXAS that flag is considered a placemat...figgered you folks in colorado might use it as a patio cover...perhaps you can rest a little easier under the protective,watchful eye of the LONE STAR. (you're welcome)... in TEXAN love.T-bone diddy.

Robin Johnson RPh said...

Not to mention that flag came from the War Memorial in Amarillo, which is a lovely park with more history than any US history book. We obtained the flag from Fast Freddy, the VP and from what we can tell Head Honcho of the Memorial. In selecting the large flag, he said, "Nothing's too good for Ginny-Bear".rj