11 June 2008

newest expense

Lookie what we got!! Air conditioning! And boy, it could not have come sooner...it was a blistering 70 degrees today...Since I'm lame enough to document this newest addition/luxury to our house, I figured I'd also snag a few photos of the yards. This is our feeble attempt at Xeriscape - \ˈzir-ə-ˌskāp, ˈzer-\a landscaping method developed especially for arid and semiarid climates that utilizes water-conserving techniques (as the use of drought-tolerant plants, mulch, and efficient irrigation). It'll fill in, right??
I had just finished watering...that's why the rocks are darker around the plants. [duh]
If I had Photoshop on this computer, I'd point out where stuff already died (or was eaten by rabbits). Maybe you can find the shriveling or just plain blank spots on your own...or don't. Also don't take notice of the grass...or lack thereof. We're still contemplating our battle plan for that. Perhaps a little late in the season, you say? [scoff]
This is my dern neighbor's yard. This picture doesn't come close to showing how beautiful it is. The words lush, bright and exotic instantly come to mind, not to mention the relaxing "tinkle" of the waterfall. Maybe I just need a Buddha statue and mine will look like that too?!

3 remark(s):

Anonymous said...

We cannot wait to come visit. We hope it is this year. LOL. TX flag says it all. I have a Rebel flag in my office.

Robin Johnson RPh said...

I can relate, come home every day to a new dead plant. How do they die overday (not overnight). Maybe because of 100+ temps and 50 + mph wind. I replanted some this weekend because the INTERNET forecasted a milder week. They lie! A guy came in today from Las Vegas NV & I was EMBARRASSED to talk about our weather. You be nice about that flag!

Herschel said...

You and BJ have way too much energy. You've been in that home less than a year and it doesn't even resemble the original house.

Way too much energy... you need a diversion or something!