30 January 2008

shades of bj on a conference call

So for those of you that haven't heard all the complaints from our house, BJ's new job requires that he be on conference calls, typically every night (M-F), for hours on end. I realize it's silly for me to complain about it...it's not me working those hours.

Some nights he's wearing his headset, listening in (ahem, babysitting), while he plays wii or Battlefield or whatever...piping in his two cents every now and then.

Some nights he's more involved sitting down in the office focused on contributing, advising, ordering, asking, suggesting, emailing, etc.

Some nights he's beyond stressed, wearing his headset while simultaneously talking on my cell phone and texting from his...till the wee hours of the morning.

Last night his call at 7:00 was a mere 45 minutes so we had most of the evening to hang out. His 11:00 call lasted till 3:30. But when he came upstairs to tell me goodnight (really he came up to pee) around midnight, I asked if everything was OK...he replies, "No, but I'm on it." Leaving me smiling to myself in the dark. Dadgum, I do love his confidence. Good thing he's a smart guy and can back it up!

The good news is, they're starting a rotation so that he'll only have to work two nights a week, then three nights and back and forth.

2 remark(s):

Bob & Rita said...

glad to hear there may be a little respite from the conference calls! you're very patient...

Jan said...

doesn't sound like too much fun... hopefully the new call schedule will let you guys go do something more interesting!