22 January 2008

fat tax

We finally joined a gym last week...I think it was Monday or Tuesday. Mom asked me Sunday nite if we'd gone yet..."No, shut up!" She cracks up and tells me about that my cousin, Megan, refers to their monthly gym membership draft as their "fat tax." How appropriate...

I went yesterday. Today, I'm taking the day off...call me lazy or call me sore as all getout. I don't care, I'm not going. Tomorrow's another day!

4 remark(s):

Herschel said...

Well... the key to going to the gym on a regular basis is simple: go on a regular basis.

No matter if you only go for 20 minutes, at least you went. Set a goal of 3-4 times a week for the first six months and then increase if possible to 5 times a week.

You don't have to kill yourself everytime you either.

Again, consistancy is what makes or break you. And if you get regular for three months you'll find that it has become a good habit.

And make sure you don't take no from your lazy, no blogging husband! Get his ass away from the computer for at least 40 minutes. Plus it is a great time to talk to each other, which will keep you spiritually happy as well -- killing two birds with one stone kind of thing.

Robin Johnson RPh said...

I'm so proud. Stopped to check your blog on my way to the pool. It's already up to 29 degrees. BTW nate's baby is beautiful. That's so awsome.

Jan said...

Fat tax, eh?? Sounds pretty appropriate around here. Ha! Glad to hear you joined one. Yay!

laurie d. moreland said...

sad that our communication has come to blogs, but it seems that life keeps running away from me, or at least my mind. on any account, several things...

every time i have joined a gym it has definately been a fat tax. good for you for actually going at least once. i have a hard time believing that you really need it though.

i had been sent to nate's blog by a friend from high school so it was odd to see that you had been reading as well. such a hard situation. prayers for them...

okay, better pay bills. love you and promise to call this week.