27 February 2008

not much

What have I been up to?? Not much. I rejoined the land of the living on Saturday. BJ and I did some "shopping" to pick out bathroom stuff. I guess we're on the schedule to do the first one in a couple of weeks. We've got tile, paint, a toilet (that can flush a bucket of golf balls!) and cabinets picked out. I think we're a little unsure about the counter top and fixtures, but mostly just because we didn't look at that stuff very much.

I've had a pretty good week of subbing. Monday I did Special Ed. for a teacher that I've subbed for several times...I always enjoy her kiddos. It's especially nice because I just have a few of them at a time.

Yesterday I had the BEST day, ever. I did ESL at one of my favorite schools. The odd thing about ESL in my new neck of the woods...only two Spanish speakers! I had Falak and Nahush (pronounced Nosh) from India, Deisy and Luis (brother and sister from Mexico), Ron from the Philippines, Nikolas from Ukraine and another boy from Afghanistan. I spent the whole afternoon with the 3 kindergarteners, Falak, Nahush and Luis. We had such a fun time...they were the sweetest kids I've ever been around! We played tic-tac-toe, boys against girls...Falak was on my team and was just terrible at the game. Luis hugged her and told her that it was okay that she didn't win, it was all just for fun anyway. AW! I tried to teach them P-I-G in recess...to no avail, none of 'em could make a basket.

Today was pretty boring. Easy for the 90 bucks...but I'd still rather actually do something besides babysit all day long. I'm doing the same job tomorrow and Friday, it's Special Ed. too, but for middle school. The excitement of the day was the fire drill...we have another tomorrow :)

Friday nite I'm subbing (without pay) at a friend's BUNCO group. Saturday nite we have a birthday party for our friend, Barb. It's weird to me that I knew a lot more people in Amarillo, but we actually have a social life here in the Springs. Sure would've been nice if we had both in one place!

1 remark(s):

Jan said...

Subs here only make $65... Just sayin'.

Have a great time at Bunko!! Let us know how it goes.