19 March 2008

bright spot

I just got off the phone, accepting the position as a Collections Investigator in the Probation Office of...heck, I dunno who I'll actually be working for. The caller ID said El Paso County but the job description is at the Colorado Judicial Branch website. Surely you don't have to say all of that when you answer the phone??

I got a J-O-B! A real J-O-B!! One with a steady schedule, paycheck and benefits! One without runny noses, boring lesson plans and bratty kids. One where I don't have to tell people that I report directly to my mommy only to have them assume that my coworkers only like me because they report to her too! Did I mention the steady paycheck?! WOOHOO

Yeah, yeah. I know that with all of this comes with actually going every...single...day at 8:00am and not getting home early for a nap before a busy evening of TV watching. But a routine, a routine and a paycheck is worth it!

I start April 1st so gimme a while before I start b****ing about it.

4 remark(s):

Unknown said...

Oh you poor girl... you should have kept mooching off BJ for as long as you could. Work? there's plenty of time for that... "BJ, you know the economy is really bad and I just can't find a job! Guess I'll have to stay around the house and drink afternoon girly drinks!"

You didn't think about that one did you?

Anonymous said...

you go girl!

Hayley said...

Congrats!

ginny said...

oh dern it...i forgot about afternoon girly drinks!!

i don't know what those are, but i'm assuming some kind of pink booze??

i bet they'll let me drink at the courthouse, no worries.